Monday, June 28, 2010

June 23- Doctor's Appointment

I successfully convinced my mom to come to Georgia for a couple of days! I felt like it was such a huge accomplishment that I rearranged my doctor's appointment so that she and Karah would be able to go and if nothing else, hear Brock's heartbeat through the monitor. When we got into the room, we saw Dr. D and before she started doing what she does, I said "what is the liklihood that you'd do an ultrasound today since my mom is visiting from FL?" She smiled and said "we can take a quick peek!" I was so thrilled....

So, after we heard his heart beating through the monitor, she turned on the ultrasound machine and we got to see him moving around, sucking his mouth (not his thumb, thankfully!) and got to witness the very strange position that my little man had twisted himself into! :)

She did print one picture for us of his face, head on- I'll post it later when I've taken a picture of it and uploaded it to my computer. I know my mom and Karah were so thrilled to see the newest member of our family and I was thrilled that I could share that moment with them.

Dr. D said that when I went for my 19 week ultrasound in Jacksonville, that the tech wasn't able to get a picture of his heart because of the position that he was in. She said it's a common thing to not get, but she's picky about getting pictures of all vital parts, so she wants to send me back to have another ultrasound!! She doesn't anticipate anything wrong, but I'm excited about getting to see our precious baby again before he's born. My ultrasound is scheduled for July 14th at 9:45 am!!

Will post more later.

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, so glad they got to share in that with you!!! I know they have got to be so excited about the new arrival!! :)

    ReplyDelete