Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 25 News

This week I'm 25 weeks pregnant with my little man! I can't believe I only have 15 weeks to go before his due date....I couldn't be mor excited! Although my focus right now is on my school classes, I only have 5.5 more weeks of those until I'll be finished for the Summer and will have about 2 months to relax before the baby makes it into the world!

My weekly update says that the baby weighs about as much as a rutabaga.....who even knows what that is?? Apparently that's about 1.5 pounds. I've learned from these updates (and compared with the measurements/weight of the baby when we had our ultrasound at 19 weeks) that our baby measures and weighs a bit more than this "average", so I imagine he probably weighs closer to the 2 pound marker now. He is about 13 inches long too according to that same estimation.

If you saw my last post, you'll see that this week Lucas was able to feel the baby!! We are so excited that Lucas can take part in enjoying our son now too!!

Other big news this week- Baby Landreth has a name!! Before we knew that the baby was a boy, we had narrowed down our name preferences for a boy, but were still undecided about a name if it were to be a girl. God knew what He was doing because we didn't want to make that decision. :) Since we had narrowed it down, I told Lucas that he should make the final decision. The baby was either going to have Lucas' middle name or not, but since it wasn't my name, I didn't want to give an opinion either way. So, Lucas took some time (alot of time!) to think about it and decided that we would tell our parents on Father's Day what Baby Landreth's name will be. Our little man's name will be Brock Michael Landreth!! We are so thrilled that he will share a middle name with his daddy and Gpa Landreth (they haven't decided what they want to be called yet- hint, hint!). I can't wait to meet my handsome son! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jessica, love the name!!!!!! And can’t believe you only have 15 weeks left!!!! So glad that everything is going well with the pregnancy! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his name! Can't wait until Brock arrives!

    ReplyDelete