Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flick or foot?

After going to bed pretty late last night, I was exhausted this morning when the friendly alarm sounded for me to get up for work (dreaded event of the day). I layed there for a few minutes and then grudgingly got up, took a shower and started to get ready. As my daily routine unfolded, I got back in bed to wake Lucas up to get ready and as I was laying there very still in the bed, I started feeling a bit of movement in my abdomen. Since Lucas wasn't quite awake yet, I whispered "do you want to feel the baby move?" He has been trying to hard to feel him move, but it just hadn't happened yet! So, Lucas put his hand on my stomach and I layed very still. I felt him move a couple of times and I would ask Lucas if he felt it and he'd say 'no'. Then the baby did something (not sure what it was)...maybe a kick, a punch or a harsh movement...? Whatever it was, Lucas felt it!! I was so excited that he was FINALLY able to feel the baby move inside of me. He got to feel him a couple more times before he stopped moving for the time... What a wonderful day event to start off my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment