Monday, August 30, 2010

Hiccups

Last Thursday, August 26th, while Lucas was studying, I was laying on the couch watching some TV and trying to relax so my huge stomach would stop hurting. While I was laying there, I began to feel Brock moving a little and then he started kicking (well, what I thought was kicking). After a minute or so, I realized that this "kicking" was very consistent and had a rhythmic beat to it. I began to pay more close attention and realized that Brock had the HICCUPS! This was the first time I had felt him hiccuping, so I said, "Lucas, Brock is hiccuping!" Lucas came over to feel and was also able to see my abdomen "jumping" with each hiccup. What a cool feeling! At 34 weeks, I finally felt my son hiccup. What causes babies in the womb to hiccup anyway??

I am 35 weeks now and I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. They will do a test to see if I have Group B Strep...all that means is that if I have this specific bacteria (which they SAY is normal for 1 out of 3 women to have), they will give me an IV antibiotic when I go into labor so Brock won't get sick when he is delivered. After this appointment, I will start going every week to check my progress! It's getting so close...almost have everything ready! :)

....I promise, I will post pictures of the nursery soon! AH! I need to get it finished this week. :)

Until then,
Jessica.

1 comment: